Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Becoming my own dog

A little over a week ago, my big brother, Bowmore left our kennel.  Mummy explained to me that he had taught me all I need to know to protect and care for humans so it was time for him to go and keep his older brother, Cider company.  I’ve been keeping watch at the top of the stairs just in case he changes his mind, but after hearing that the place they are at has really slow, fat rabbits and lots of gourmet bread, I’m beginning to think he won’t be returning.

Now it’s time for me to become my own dog.  I have extra responsibility on my shoulders and no big brother to run to for advice.  I just hope that I can do as good a job as Bowmore did for nearly 14 human years.

Talisker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell to the Last of the Three Amigos

Sharing my life with our dogs has always been one of my greatest joys.  However, with that joy comes the responsibility of knowing when to a...