Monday, September 15, 2014

Let Them Eat Cake

I’m now 3 human years.  Not many people know this, but 3 is a very important age for a fish retriever.  Mummy says it’s when we become mature and sensible.  Talisker told me that means I can’t jump on humans when they come into our kennel and I have to be less talkative.  Humans greet friends by looking each other in the eye and hugging so why can’t I do it too?  I pointed out that he does it, but he claims that he just balances on his hind legs and shakes hands which for some reason they seem to find cute.  I’m a heart on my fur kind of dog and believe in hugging the humans I love when they come to visit and what’s so wrong with enthusiastically vocalizing that love?

In the past, I’ve had lots of my friends over to celebrate my Birthday.  This time Mummy said we no longer have a large enough area of green stuff outside so only Truman, Olive and Sparky were allowed to come.  As ever, Mummy made me a cake.  She makes really good cakes.  They have the orange vegetables that rabbits like, bee juice and squashed peanuts in them, topped with cheese from small human kennels.  I’ve heard my humans say that many human generations ago a very prominent human is famous for saying “let them eat cake.”   If there’s cake to be had, I’m definitely eating it.
Tobermory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell to the Last of the Three Amigos

Sharing my life with our dogs has always been one of my greatest joys.  However, with that joy comes the responsibility of knowing when to a...