Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Maintaining your Figure

My dearly departed older brother, Bowmore always told me that it’s important to exercise regularly, eat sensibly, maintain a healthy weight and visit your doctor to get the juice that stops us from getting sick.  I have to admit to being a little skeptical about the juice because my nose gets a little warm and dry for a couple of days afterwards, but Mummy tells me that means it’s working.

Yesterday I had my annual medical review.  I consider myself to be a pretty fine specimen of a fish retriever so of course assumed that I would pass with flying colors.  I’m pleased to say that my general health is good, but our doctor said my waistline needs a little work.

When Daddy is not away in far away lands, he always gives us breakfast which is really good because he gives us more than Mummy.  For a while now, he’s been earning dog biscuits at our kennel and gives us breakfast every day so it’s been a while since we’ve had to survive on the meager rations that we get when he’s not here.  Of course, we never pointed out that we were getting more food.  It’s a matter of survival.  After all, you never know when something bad might happen and all the kibble reserves dry up.  We would then be thankful for having eaten a little more when there was a plentiful supply.  Apparently, our doctor doesn’t understand this.  Can you believe he’s put me on a diet?

Talisker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell to the Last of the Three Amigos

Sharing my life with our dogs has always been one of my greatest joys.  However, with that joy comes the responsibility of knowing when to a...