Friday, April 16, 2010

Flying Squirrels

In the garden at our kennel, lots of little grey animals with fluffy tails called squirrels live in the trees. As head of security it’s my job to keep them away. I run very fast and have worked hard at the art of the element of surprise and have not caught one yet so you can imagine my horror when last time we went to play in white slippy stuff, Bowmore told me he’d teach me to play flying squirrel. I’ve never seen a squirrel in white slippy stuff so of course assumed the old dude had caught one and brought it with us which is not good for my self-esteem.

I was quite relieved to learn that a “flying squirrel” is a thing like a ball, but flat. Daddy says Bowmore was an expert flying squirrel catcher when he was a young pup. He was good at teaching me the serious art of sofa restraint so I am hoping his coaching skills will help me reach the same high standard with this new sport.
Talisker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell to the Last of the Three Amigos

Sharing my life with our dogs has always been one of my greatest joys.  However, with that joy comes the responsibility of knowing when to a...