Friday, September 30, 2011

Dog Days

A couple of weeks ago I thought it might be time to start on my winter coat and my humans were even considering putting a bigger rug stuffed with bird fur on their bed but suddenly it got bright and warm outside again.  In fact, it’s not just warm, it’s hot.  I was told that this is called an Indian Summer.

I did a little research on the writing box and found that in some parts of this land an Indian Summer is called Dog Days.  Now, I don’t see many humans running around here with large pieces of bird fir on their heads (that’s how you can tell if they’re an Indian) so this is obviously Dog Days.  I think it's quite an honor to have days that are just for us.  Think about it.  Have you ever heard of humans being honored with Human Days?
Talisker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell to the Last of the Three Amigos

Sharing my life with our dogs has always been one of my greatest joys.  However, with that joy comes the responsibility of knowing when to a...