Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tale of a Tail

Did you know that tails can leak?  I didn’t before this weekend.

It was nice and bright and warm outside and Tobermory and I were thoroughly enjoying our pre-lunch sniff on Saturday.  When we’re happy, we really don’t have a lot of control over our tails and sometimes we just can’t stop those tails from wagging and knocking into things.  I don’t know what happened, but by the time we got to the human feeding station, the end of mine was really leaking.  Leaking tails make a lot of mess.

When we got back to our kennel, Mummy found the leaking tail fixer and Daddy wrapped it around my tail.  It worked pretty well all night, but when Daddy came downstairs to let us out for our morning sniff, I was so happy to see him that my tail just insisted on wagging really vigorously and this time it leaked even more.  I thought it made some interesting patterns on the walls, but our humans didn’t seem to like the patterns so much so rushed me off to see a tail fixing doctor.  He put a green tail cover on the end and told my tail not to wag.  Have you ever tried telling a tail not to wag?  They don’t listen so of course my tail wagged the cover straight off so we had to go back for another one.

I now have a really long blue tail cover and the tail doctor says it has to stay there for a long time.  I’m really not sure it suits me but Mummy says blue tails are all the rage and I’m just setting a Spring trend for all the fashion conscious dogs out there.
Talisker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell to the Last of the Three Amigos

Sharing my life with our dogs has always been one of my greatest joys.  However, with that joy comes the responsibility of knowing when to a...